Leafy Surrey suburb offers down to earth heaven for relaxation at this 400 acre country club
- Credit: Archant
A leafy drive leads you to the tranquillity of Foxhills where a beautiful ivy clad manor house is the centre piece for this 400 acre golf club and spa resort that is just minutes from the busy M25.
This Surrey hotel manages to combine family friendly, business and spa with ease, with impressive modern health club facilities which contrast with the 19th century hub where breakfast and dinner is served.
It is a stunning setting that manages to remain down to earth with an atmosphere that is friendly and relaxed.
There’s two championship golf courses, putting green and driving range where beginners are welcomed alongside seasoned experts, with lessons on offer for those who want to brush up or start from scratch.
For water lovers there is an indoor 20 metre swimming pool, three outdoor pools and a natural pond swim and dip area, set within a secluded spa garden, complete with outdoor hot tub and sauna.
You may also want to watch:
For the ultimate quirky touch there is a traditional red telephone box within the zen garden where guests can call through to the bar to have drinks delivered as they relax.
Add to this a range of spa treatments, tennis courts, a well equipped gym and children’s clubs and it is clear to see why this is a popular destination.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 4 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
Classes run throughout the day and into the early evening with a choice open to guests including hatha yoga, pilates, body conditioning, early morning wake up and stretch and tai chi.
To round off the sporting opportunities there are 11 tennis courts and a trim trail walk through the woods.
For parents there is a helping hand to make sure they get the maximum out of their stay with child care facilities on offer.
This country club resort has a beamed restaurant for fine dining, and a terrace with views for summertime cocktails.
The 70 bedrooms have super comfy beds and a fridge with real milk, instead of the usual mini cartons of UHT, which was a much appreciated extra touch.
The Nineteen brasserie serves delicious light bites while the two AA-rosette restaurant in the Manor House serves a top class menu.
Breakfast is a tempting buffet of fresh fruit, cooked meats and cheeses, cereals, nuts and seeds, followed by a range of cooked options.
• Double rooms from £140 in low season; and from £180 in high. Breakfast included. Two rooms are adapted for disabled guests with rails, handles and wheelchair-accessible doors.
• Just 20 miles from west London and 10 minutes from the M25, popular attractions like Thorpe Park, Legoland, Windsor, Mercedes Benz World and the RHS Garden Wisley are on the doorstep.
• Foxhills is in Ottershaw, near Woking, Surrey. 01932 704 500, Foxhills.co.uk.