FORCING THE ISSUE
Even though the people don t want it, even though the authorities don t want it, and even though the professionals don t want it, we are, apparently, soon going to have one giant police force covering Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk. It should be qui
Even though the people don't want it, even though the authorities don't want it, and even though the professionals don't want it, we are, apparently, soon going to have one giant police force covering Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk.
It should be quite handy that our "local" force will soon have an offshore division. We can, perhaps, call on them when the mere floods again with the run-off from the new town off the Shade.
The mind boggles at the service we can expect when our local policing levels are decided in Norwich or Ipswich - it's bad enough contending with Cambridgeshire.
No doubt Soham's (soon to be) two constables will be called in to do idiot control work in Newmarket at 4am when the clubs chuck out.
You may also want to watch:
After all, it's only six miles up the road, and they will be part of the same force.
It will all be part of the "big picture". Bet we don't figure on many pictures at all when the merger happens.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 3 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 4 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Jail for violent man who kicked ex-girlfriend in the face
- 8 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 9 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 10 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
Never mind, Inspector Gallop, as I said before, we're all on the same side.