Family history researchers are welcome to contact Cambridge Collection
The Cambridgeshire Collection holds original and microfilm copies of the Ely Standard from 1913 to the present.
Ely Library also holds The Standard on microfilm.
Family history researchers can be directed to us and we can do a limited search through our copies of the 1939 Ely Standard and supply copies of anything found for a fee.
I am happy for you to direct anyone looking for past issues of your, or any other, Cambridgeshire newspapers to the collection.
Anyone interested can write to us or email as below.
You may also want to watch:
Local Studies Manager
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits