Family history researchers are welcome to contact Cambridge Collection
The Cambridgeshire Collection holds original and microfilm copies of the Ely Standard from 1913 to the present.
Ely Library also holds The Standard on microfilm.
Family history researchers can be directed to us and we can do a limited search through our copies of the 1939 Ely Standard and supply copies of anything found for a fee.
I am happy for you to direct anyone looking for past issues of your, or any other, Cambridgeshire newspapers to the collection.
Anyone interested can write to us or email as below.
You may also want to watch:
Local Studies Manager
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’