Executive salary is above the going rate’
CLLR Powley should have checked his facts before attacking me over my criticism of the pay he and his colleagues give to the county council s chief executive. Which at just under £200,000 places him in the top six county hall salaries in the country and
CLLR Powley should have checked his facts before attacking me over my criticism of the pay he and his colleagues give to the county council's chief executive.
Which at just under £200,000 places him in the top six county hall salaries in the country and therefore above what has been claimed to be a "going rate for the job".
If Cllr Powley had checked his facts he would have known that when the appointment was agreed by all parties, it was at a significantly lower rate than the current one. The current high level of salary was agreed by the Conservative leader.
He also criticises me for supposedly "having a go" at a member of staff. Let me make it clear that my comments were targeted not at the chief executive personally but at the level of salary that the Conservative cabinet have placed him on. As this is in the public domain, and is paid to a public servant from public money, it cannot be "out-of-bounds" for a member of council to comment upon this.
You may also want to watch:
County councillor (Ely North & East)
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing