Executive salary is above the going rate’
CLLR Powley should have checked his facts before attacking me over my criticism of the pay he and his colleagues give to the county council s chief executive. Which at just under £200,000 places him in the top six county hall salaries in the country and
CLLR Powley should have checked his facts before attacking me over my criticism of the pay he and his colleagues give to the county council's chief executive.
Which at just under £200,000 places him in the top six county hall salaries in the country and therefore above what has been claimed to be a "going rate for the job".
If Cllr Powley had checked his facts he would have known that when the appointment was agreed by all parties, it was at a significantly lower rate than the current one. The current high level of salary was agreed by the Conservative leader.
He also criticises me for supposedly "having a go" at a member of staff. Let me make it clear that my comments were targeted not at the chief executive personally but at the level of salary that the Conservative cabinet have placed him on. As this is in the public domain, and is paid to a public servant from public money, it cannot be "out-of-bounds" for a member of council to comment upon this.
You may also want to watch:
County councillor (Ely North & East)
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 10 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way