Ely Museum is inviting children everywhere to pop along and see Father Christmas in his Victorian parlour
- Credit: Archant
A chance to see Father Christmas in his Victorian parlour at Ely Museum as the big day draws ever nearer.
The big man in red will be in his grotto on Saturday December 12 and Sunday December 13 and there is an open invitation to children everywhere to go along and put in those last minute festive requests.
“Every child visiting Father Christmas will receive a present and there will also be the chance for them to enjoy some traditional Christmas crafts,” said museum assistant curator, Sara Brown.
“It promises to be a fun day for the whole family. Parents, and grandparents, will find stocking fillers for all ages in our museum shop and there will be a tombola, a second-hand book stall and refreshments,” added Sara.
Entrance to Ely Museum on the day will be FREE for everyone. There will be a charge of £3 for children wishing to visit Father Christmas, who will be in his parlour from 10.30am to 12.30pm and from 1pm to 3pm on Saturday and then 1pm to 3.30pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
City Cycle Centre will once again sponsor the event which has also attracted sponsorship from MHH Partnership, chartered accountants and tax advisers, who have offices in Soham and Cottenham.
Find Ely Museum in the city centre on the corner of Lynn Road and Market Street, just 250m from the west door of Ely Cathedral. Entrance is on Market Street.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Boat club president inspires students days after race
In the run-up to Christmas Ely Museum is open from 10.30am to 4pm Monday, Wednesday to Saturday and from 1pm to 4pm on Sundays. The museum will be closed from December 22 and will re-open January 2. For further details contact: 01353 666655.