Ely Market Is Going From Strenght To Strength
MY husband and I have traded on the Saturday market in Ely since the day it began 16 years ago. We have seen many markets decline drastically while Ely has gone from strength to strength thanks to Phil Burbridge the market supervisor. Introducing the farm
MY husband and I have traded on the Saturday market in Ely since the day it began 16 years ago. We have seen many markets decline drastically while Ely has gone from strength to strength thanks to Phil Burbridge the market supervisor.
Introducing the farmers' and general market to the Saturday market is one of the best things that has happened. People want variety and choice. Quite a few of my customers came to me actually worried that the market would change. We are always receiving comments such as: 'what a lovely little market' and so on.
If it had remained just crafts and collectibles, I do believe that there would no longer be a Saturday market. Traders who do not have crafts and collectibles have been supported by their customers for many years on this market. It could not be run as a market with crafts that turn up now and again. We do need traders that will support the market all year round. Customers like a market they can rely on.
JUNE AND PETER BARNES
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success