Ely Market Is Going From Strenght To Strength
MY husband and I have traded on the Saturday market in Ely since the day it began 16 years ago. We have seen many markets decline drastically while Ely has gone from strength to strength thanks to Phil Burbridge the market supervisor. Introducing the farm
MY husband and I have traded on the Saturday market in Ely since the day it began 16 years ago. We have seen many markets decline drastically while Ely has gone from strength to strength thanks to Phil Burbridge the market supervisor.
Introducing the farmers' and general market to the Saturday market is one of the best things that has happened. People want variety and choice. Quite a few of my customers came to me actually worried that the market would change. We are always receiving comments such as: 'what a lovely little market' and so on.
If it had remained just crafts and collectibles, I do believe that there would no longer be a Saturday market. Traders who do not have crafts and collectibles have been supported by their customers for many years on this market. It could not be run as a market with crafts that turn up now and again. We do need traders that will support the market all year round. Customers like a market they can rely on.
JUNE AND PETER BARNES
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 3 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 7 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 8 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 9 Arts centre gets £25,000 post-Covid lifeline
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021