Ely Market Is Going From Strenght To Strength
MY husband and I have traded on the Saturday market in Ely since the day it began 16 years ago. We have seen many markets decline drastically while Ely has gone from strength to strength thanks to Phil Burbridge the market supervisor. Introducing the farm
MY husband and I have traded on the Saturday market in Ely since the day it began 16 years ago. We have seen many markets decline drastically while Ely has gone from strength to strength thanks to Phil Burbridge the market supervisor.
Introducing the farmers' and general market to the Saturday market is one of the best things that has happened. People want variety and choice. Quite a few of my customers came to me actually worried that the market would change. We are always receiving comments such as: 'what a lovely little market' and so on.
If it had remained just crafts and collectibles, I do believe that there would no longer be a Saturday market. Traders who do not have crafts and collectibles have been supported by their customers for many years on this market. It could not be run as a market with crafts that turn up now and again. We do need traders that will support the market all year round. Customers like a market they can rely on.
JUNE AND PETER BARNES
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision