LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Ely is a lovely place in which to live but it’s a pity that we still have our share of scum around the place’
- Credit: Archant
There is a very industrious gentleman in St John’s Road, Ely who provides many customers with fresh vegetables and eggs etc from a stall in his front garden.
All you do is leave the money for Gerry in a cash box he provides.
Now someone has stolen the cash box and I am not sure whether Gerry will continue.
Ely is a lovely place in which to live but it’s a pity that we still have our share of scum around the place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550