LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Ely is a lovely place in which to live but it’s a pity that we still have our share of scum around the place’
- Credit: Archant
There is a very industrious gentleman in St John’s Road, Ely who provides many customers with fresh vegetables and eggs etc from a stall in his front garden.
All you do is leave the money for Gerry in a cash box he provides.
Now someone has stolen the cash box and I am not sure whether Gerry will continue.
Ely is a lovely place in which to live but it’s a pity that we still have our share of scum around the place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment