LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Ely is a lovely place in which to live but it’s a pity that we still have our share of scum around the place’
- Credit: Archant
There is a very industrious gentleman in St John’s Road, Ely who provides many customers with fresh vegetables and eggs etc from a stall in his front garden.
All you do is leave the money for Gerry in a cash box he provides.
Now someone has stolen the cash box and I am not sure whether Gerry will continue.
Ely is a lovely place in which to live but it’s a pity that we still have our share of scum around the place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 3 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road