Ely Inner Wheel’s Fish and Chip Supper with quizzes and a raffle raises £265 for the Spinal Injuries Association
- Credit: Archant
On May 12, members of Ely Inner Wheel and guests, totalling 30 people attended a Fish and Chip Supper at the Fish House on Ely Market Square.
This event was part of the national fund raising campaign for the Spinal Injuries Association and our supper was largely organised by Inner Wheel member Betty Flack.
We all had excellent servings of fish and chips and together with quizzes and a raffle raised £265.
A donation was made by the Fish House staff and the joint winning quiz teams (Codgers bar one) and (Caught Fish) also donated their £10 prize voucher to the Spinal Injuries Association.
All who attended agreed that it was a good evening for a good cause.
You may also want to watch:
PAULINE LANCASTER Via e-mail
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts