Ely Inner Wheel’s Fish and Chip Supper with quizzes and a raffle raises £265 for the Spinal Injuries Association
- Credit: Archant
On May 12, members of Ely Inner Wheel and guests, totalling 30 people attended a Fish and Chip Supper at the Fish House on Ely Market Square.
This event was part of the national fund raising campaign for the Spinal Injuries Association and our supper was largely organised by Inner Wheel member Betty Flack.
We all had excellent servings of fish and chips and together with quizzes and a raffle raised £265.
A donation was made by the Fish House staff and the joint winning quiz teams (Codgers bar one) and (Caught Fish) also donated their £10 prize voucher to the Spinal Injuries Association.
All who attended agreed that it was a good evening for a good cause.
PAULINE LANCASTER Via e-mail
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village