Ely Inner Wheel’s Fish and Chip Supper with quizzes and a raffle raises £265 for the Spinal Injuries Association
- Credit: Archant
On May 12, members of Ely Inner Wheel and guests, totalling 30 people attended a Fish and Chip Supper at the Fish House on Ely Market Square.
This event was part of the national fund raising campaign for the Spinal Injuries Association and our supper was largely organised by Inner Wheel member Betty Flack.
We all had excellent servings of fish and chips and together with quizzes and a raffle raised £265.
A donation was made by the Fish House staff and the joint winning quiz teams (Codgers bar one) and (Caught Fish) also donated their £10 prize voucher to the Spinal Injuries Association.
All who attended agreed that it was a good evening for a good cause.
You may also want to watch:
PAULINE LANCASTER Via e-mail
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out