Ely Inner Wheel’s Fish and Chip Supper with quizzes and a raffle raises £265 for the Spinal Injuries Association
- Credit: Archant
On May 12, members of Ely Inner Wheel and guests, totalling 30 people attended a Fish and Chip Supper at the Fish House on Ely Market Square.
This event was part of the national fund raising campaign for the Spinal Injuries Association and our supper was largely organised by Inner Wheel member Betty Flack.
We all had excellent servings of fish and chips and together with quizzes and a raffle raised £265.
A donation was made by the Fish House staff and the joint winning quiz teams (Codgers bar one) and (Caught Fish) also donated their £10 prize voucher to the Spinal Injuries Association.
All who attended agreed that it was a good evening for a good cause.
You may also want to watch:
PAULINE LANCASTER Via e-mail
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini