Ely Hereward Rotary Club holding computer skills workshops as part of Young and Old theme
THE Rotary Club of Ely Hereward adopted the theme ‘The Young and the Old’ for its current club year.
In line with this theme, a group of Year 10 students at Ely College, encouraged by the deputy head Damien Whales, have been recruited to teach basic computer skills to pensioners.
Many of us will have had the experience of being taught to use modern gadgets by their grandchildren. We wanted to use the skills and enthusiasm of the college students to help older people who are put off by the new technology.
Lessons will be held each week from 11.30am-1pm on Tuesdays. The first five-week course starts on February 19 and costs £15 - you will get coffee and biscuits.
Phone me on 01353 669722 to book your place.
You may also want to watch:
Rotary Club of Ely Hereward
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound