Ely DOES need a bypass - the sooner the better!
IN response to F Dougherty’s letter on August 15, saying that Ely doesn’t need a bypass.
Last Thursday I was stuck in traffic in Station Road waiting to turn right into Angel Drove. Vehicles had blocked the roundabout.
After about 10 minutes I managed to get into Angel Drove, where there were HGVs and cars queued past the Tesco roundabout and as far as the A10 roundabout.
This happens several times a day as Ely station is a hub for trains to London, Norwich and Peterborough which means the crossing is closed for more than 20 minutes every hour.
Then of course there are the occasions when a vehicle bashes the bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Bypass? Yes please. The sooner the better!
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos