Ely DOES need a bypass - the sooner the better!
IN response to F Dougherty’s letter on August 15, saying that Ely doesn’t need a bypass.
Last Thursday I was stuck in traffic in Station Road waiting to turn right into Angel Drove. Vehicles had blocked the roundabout.
After about 10 minutes I managed to get into Angel Drove, where there were HGVs and cars queued past the Tesco roundabout and as far as the A10 roundabout.
This happens several times a day as Ely station is a hub for trains to London, Norwich and Peterborough which means the crossing is closed for more than 20 minutes every hour.
Then of course there are the occasions when a vehicle bashes the bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Bypass? Yes please. The sooner the better!
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'