Ely DOES need a bypass - the sooner the better!
IN response to F Dougherty’s letter on August 15, saying that Ely doesn’t need a bypass.
Last Thursday I was stuck in traffic in Station Road waiting to turn right into Angel Drove. Vehicles had blocked the roundabout.
After about 10 minutes I managed to get into Angel Drove, where there were HGVs and cars queued past the Tesco roundabout and as far as the A10 roundabout.
This happens several times a day as Ely station is a hub for trains to London, Norwich and Peterborough which means the crossing is closed for more than 20 minutes every hour.
Then of course there are the occasions when a vehicle bashes the bridge.
Bypass? Yes please. The sooner the better!
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim