Ely DOES need a bypass - the sooner the better!
IN response to F Dougherty’s letter on August 15, saying that Ely doesn’t need a bypass.
Last Thursday I was stuck in traffic in Station Road waiting to turn right into Angel Drove. Vehicles had blocked the roundabout.
After about 10 minutes I managed to get into Angel Drove, where there were HGVs and cars queued past the Tesco roundabout and as far as the A10 roundabout.
This happens several times a day as Ely station is a hub for trains to London, Norwich and Peterborough which means the crossing is closed for more than 20 minutes every hour.
Then of course there are the occasions when a vehicle bashes the bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Bypass? Yes please. The sooner the better!
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up