Ely Cathedral’s ‘Celebration of Business’ raised £1,200 for Ely Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Generous donors at Ely Cathedral Business Group’s ‘Celebration of Business’ donated £1,200 to Ely Foodbank.
The cheque was presented by Mark Bonney, dean of Ely, and Coralie Green of the business group to Alan Williams and Cathy Wright from Ely Foodbank. Alan Williams has co-ordinated the development of the five foodbanks within the Ely Foodbank partnership.
The mission of the partnership is to make crisis food equally accessible to all in need within a 15-mile radius of Ely.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 3 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 4 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 5 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face