Ely Cathedral’s ‘Celebration of Business’ raised £1,200 for Ely Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Generous donors at Ely Cathedral Business Group’s ‘Celebration of Business’ donated £1,200 to Ely Foodbank.
The cheque was presented by Mark Bonney, dean of Ely, and Coralie Green of the business group to Alan Williams and Cathy Wright from Ely Foodbank. Alan Williams has co-ordinated the development of the five foodbanks within the Ely Foodbank partnership.
The mission of the partnership is to make crisis food equally accessible to all in need within a 15-mile radius of Ely.
- 1 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
- 8 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Football club reunion bids to bring good times back to Barry