Ely bypass pictures don’t show full extent of impact on cathedral
- Credit: Archant
YOUR pictures of the Ely bypass (February 28) do not show the full extent of the impact on the view of the cathedral from the river walk.
The artist’s impression omits tall vehicles and street light columns that would further mar the view.
Moving further along the path towards the Newmarket rail bridge the impact would be much more. The cathedral would be obscured by the highest stretch of the viaduct where it crosses the two separate railway lines with their electricity cable pylons (I understand that the Newmarket line is due for electrification eventually).
The attached photograph taken from near the existing Newmarket rail bridge gives a better idea of how the view would be affected.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city