Ely bypass pictures don’t show full extent of impact on cathedral
- Credit: Archant
YOUR pictures of the Ely bypass (February 28) do not show the full extent of the impact on the view of the cathedral from the river walk.
The artist’s impression omits tall vehicles and street light columns that would further mar the view.
Moving further along the path towards the Newmarket rail bridge the impact would be much more. The cathedral would be obscured by the highest stretch of the viaduct where it crosses the two separate railway lines with their electricity cable pylons (I understand that the Newmarket line is due for electrification eventually).
The attached photograph taken from near the existing Newmarket rail bridge gives a better idea of how the view would be affected.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 10 Car rolled in crash on A14