Ely bypass pictures don’t show full extent of impact on cathedral
- Credit: Archant
YOUR pictures of the Ely bypass (February 28) do not show the full extent of the impact on the view of the cathedral from the river walk.
The artist’s impression omits tall vehicles and street light columns that would further mar the view.
Moving further along the path towards the Newmarket rail bridge the impact would be much more. The cathedral would be obscured by the highest stretch of the viaduct where it crosses the two separate railway lines with their electricity cable pylons (I understand that the Newmarket line is due for electrification eventually).
The attached photograph taken from near the existing Newmarket rail bridge gives a better idea of how the view would be affected.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended