Ely bypass pictures don’t show full extent of impact on cathedral
- Credit: Archant
YOUR pictures of the Ely bypass (February 28) do not show the full extent of the impact on the view of the cathedral from the river walk.
The artist’s impression omits tall vehicles and street light columns that would further mar the view.
Moving further along the path towards the Newmarket rail bridge the impact would be much more. The cathedral would be obscured by the highest stretch of the viaduct where it crosses the two separate railway lines with their electricity cable pylons (I understand that the Newmarket line is due for electrification eventually).
The attached photograph taken from near the existing Newmarket rail bridge gives a better idea of how the view would be affected.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air