East Anglian Air Ambulance Has Made A Huge Difference To People's Lives
AMONG the doom and gloom of difficult financial times ahead - it is great to be able to pay a very warm tribute to an organisation that has for many families across the region made the difference between a sad event and a happy outcome. The East Anglian
AMONG the doom and gloom of difficult financial times ahead - it is great to be able to pay a very warm tribute to an organisation that has for many families across the region made the difference between a sad event and a happy outcome.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance is an absolutely British institution and one that can be trumpeted at every opportunity - great pilots and great medical staff who have made such a magnificent contribution to the life of our region in its 10 years.
The sadness is, of course, that this only happens at all because it's a charity. If ever there was an organisation that the National Lottery or state funding should support it is the vital life-saving work of the air ambulance which should not be dependent on the collecting bucket or flag days.
CLLR GEOFF HEATHCOCK
You may also want to watch:
Liberal Democrat spokesman for health in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall