Driving Too Slowly Also Causes Problems
When I took my driving tests especially the HGV you were expected to travel where possible at the speed limit. Y
REDUCING the speed limit on the A10 - what would it achieve? If speed killed then why do we fly, why do we have motor racing? If its’ that bad then why don’t we ban all things that involve speed.
Two trips down the A10 in the last month, a Saturday afternoon at 5pm - we were lucky if we got to 40mph between Ely and Cambridge as there was excessive traffic in both directions.
Sunday, August 7: trying to get to Addenbrooke’s at 10am and sat in a queue of traffic following a car at 40mph between Ely and Stretham; passed this then get another one at Landbeach doing 40mph with not a care in the world for anyone else. Both these had nothing in front of them.
Now when I took my driving tests especially the HGV you were expected to travel where possible at the speed limit. You were allowed to go on the roads or they could fail you for not making progress, on my motorcycle test I got asked why I didn’t pass a car that was travelling under the set speed limit for the road because it was safe to do so.
You may also want to watch:
My point is why have a maximum speed limit and no minimum speed limit, the police should be able to stop these people and just show them the queues they are causing just because they have all the time in the world to get from A to B. No one wants to see anyone get killed or even hurt on our roads, but if people are frightened to drive then its time to hang up there keys.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs