Don't You Know, Human Breasts Are Sexual Objects
WELL, I knew I was going to stir up a hornets nest, and I wasn t disappointed. I read the replies with interest, and noted some remarks that I will try to answer. Firstly I didn t need the patronising lectures on the benefits of breast-feeding. I am well
WELL, I knew I was going to stir up a hornets nest, and I wasn't disappointed.
I read the replies with interest, and noted some remarks that I will try to answer.
Firstly I didn't need the patronising lectures on the benefits of breast-feeding. I am well aware of them, having managed to successfully bring to adulthood three children, without depriving them of sustenance, or finding it necessary to make other people feel uncomfortable.
And yes, I suppose I could just stay at home, and not go out for fear of being offended, but does that also apply to any men in the near vicinity who don't know where to look, because in spite of what Alison believes, human breasts are sexual objects. Look on the magazine rack in any shop to find if that is true.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie, did you have the courtesy to ask if it was ok before you breast-fed you baby in a cafe? It would appear not, thereby causing embarrassment to yourself and others.
How are mothers with other small children able to watch them and keep them safe and under control whilst breast-feeding an infant? The honest answer is, they can't. I notice no one has put me right on that one yet. I'm simply told that I should stay out of cafes. A rather fascist point of view.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
No-one has told me the consequences of a toddler getting scalded with a hot drink, and who will be held responsible.
And by the way Cat. What you find "empowering" is actually intimidating to some of us, particularly when it's done en-masse.
I know occasionally it happens that even in the best organised life it is necessary to feed ones infant discretely in public, but I just don't understand why women have to get together as a group to hold a 'breast fest'.
If you can't do it without your mates go to one of your houses.