Don't You Know, Human Breasts Are Sexual Objects
WELL, I knew I was going to stir up a hornets nest, and I wasn t disappointed. I read the replies with interest, and noted some remarks that I will try to answer. Firstly I didn t need the patronising lectures on the benefits of breast-feeding. I am well
WELL, I knew I was going to stir up a hornets nest, and I wasn't disappointed.
I read the replies with interest, and noted some remarks that I will try to answer.
Firstly I didn't need the patronising lectures on the benefits of breast-feeding. I am well aware of them, having managed to successfully bring to adulthood three children, without depriving them of sustenance, or finding it necessary to make other people feel uncomfortable.
And yes, I suppose I could just stay at home, and not go out for fear of being offended, but does that also apply to any men in the near vicinity who don't know where to look, because in spite of what Alison believes, human breasts are sexual objects. Look on the magazine rack in any shop to find if that is true.
Debbie, did you have the courtesy to ask if it was ok before you breast-fed you baby in a cafe? It would appear not, thereby causing embarrassment to yourself and others.
How are mothers with other small children able to watch them and keep them safe and under control whilst breast-feeding an infant? The honest answer is, they can't. I notice no one has put me right on that one yet. I'm simply told that I should stay out of cafes. A rather fascist point of view.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended
No-one has told me the consequences of a toddler getting scalded with a hot drink, and who will be held responsible.
And by the way Cat. What you find "empowering" is actually intimidating to some of us, particularly when it's done en-masse.
I know occasionally it happens that even in the best organised life it is necessary to feed ones infant discretely in public, but I just don't understand why women have to get together as a group to hold a 'breast fest'.
If you can't do it without your mates go to one of your houses.