Don't You Know, Human Breasts Are Sexual Objects
WELL, I knew I was going to stir up a hornets nest, and I wasn t disappointed. I read the replies with interest, and noted some remarks that I will try to answer. Firstly I didn t need the patronising lectures on the benefits of breast-feeding. I am well
WELL, I knew I was going to stir up a hornets nest, and I wasn't disappointed.
I read the replies with interest, and noted some remarks that I will try to answer.
Firstly I didn't need the patronising lectures on the benefits of breast-feeding. I am well aware of them, having managed to successfully bring to adulthood three children, without depriving them of sustenance, or finding it necessary to make other people feel uncomfortable.
And yes, I suppose I could just stay at home, and not go out for fear of being offended, but does that also apply to any men in the near vicinity who don't know where to look, because in spite of what Alison believes, human breasts are sexual objects. Look on the magazine rack in any shop to find if that is true.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie, did you have the courtesy to ask if it was ok before you breast-fed you baby in a cafe? It would appear not, thereby causing embarrassment to yourself and others.
How are mothers with other small children able to watch them and keep them safe and under control whilst breast-feeding an infant? The honest answer is, they can't. I notice no one has put me right on that one yet. I'm simply told that I should stay out of cafes. A rather fascist point of view.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
No-one has told me the consequences of a toddler getting scalded with a hot drink, and who will be held responsible.
And by the way Cat. What you find "empowering" is actually intimidating to some of us, particularly when it's done en-masse.
I know occasionally it happens that even in the best organised life it is necessary to feed ones infant discretely in public, but I just don't understand why women have to get together as a group to hold a 'breast fest'.
If you can't do it without your mates go to one of your houses.