Don't Use Council Tax Money To Fight Mereham
WELL, well well, Cllr Bill Hunt, saying sorry, over Mereham. I told him the very first time he was on Ely Market that Mereham would be built and he said not on your life , or words to that effect. Mereham will be built. You have already spent tax payers
WELL, well well, Cllr Bill Hunt, saying sorry, over Mereham. I told him the very first time he was on Ely Market that Mereham would be built and he said 'not on your life', or words to that effect. Mereham will be built. You have already spent tax payers' money on this Say Not To Mereham campaign. Money down the drain, and you don't care as you didn't foot the bill. We the tax payers do. If you go down that road again, I will personally refuse to pay my Council Tax. Before you go any further you should find out what the public wants and whether they are willing to foot the bill.
Some people actually want Mereham. Those who own land around there stand to make a lot of money. If I was a farmer and could make a few million for not slogging my guts out , just by selling my land, I would go for it.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines