Don’t miss lord of the hymns
WE have just heard of the film-making that has taken place at Ely Cathedral but how many are aware that John Bell is coming to Ely this weekend? For me, this is a dream come true because I saw him once at the Methodist School of Fellowship, at Swanwick in
WE have just heard of the film-making that has taken place at Ely Cathedral but how many are aware that John Bell is coming to Ely this weekend?
For me, this is a dream come true because I saw him once at the Methodist School of Fellowship, at Swanwick in 2001, where he gave a musical presentation and it was fantastic.
Ever since I have always hoped one day he would come into our area, and now he is, and I only found out by chance and I had to go to the office to get a publicity leaflet.
This is an opportunity not to be missed because, apart from being a great hymn writer, John Bell is one of the great prophets of our day, speaking out on peace and justice issues and having deep spirituality.
You may also want to watch:
Needless to say, I have already booked for Saturday and hope to attend on Sunday, but I would really like many others to do the same. We are rather good at reporting events that have taken place which people read about and wished they had known of, and been present.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line