Don’t miss lord of the hymns
WE have just heard of the film-making that has taken place at Ely Cathedral but how many are aware that John Bell is coming to Ely this weekend? For me, this is a dream come true because I saw him once at the Methodist School of Fellowship, at Swanwick in
WE have just heard of the film-making that has taken place at Ely Cathedral but how many are aware that John Bell is coming to Ely this weekend?
For me, this is a dream come true because I saw him once at the Methodist School of Fellowship, at Swanwick in 2001, where he gave a musical presentation and it was fantastic.
Ever since I have always hoped one day he would come into our area, and now he is, and I only found out by chance and I had to go to the office to get a publicity leaflet.
This is an opportunity not to be missed because, apart from being a great hymn writer, John Bell is one of the great prophets of our day, speaking out on peace and justice issues and having deep spirituality.
Needless to say, I have already booked for Saturday and hope to attend on Sunday, but I would really like many others to do the same. We are rather good at reporting events that have taken place which people read about and wished they had known of, and been present.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 6 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 7 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 8 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold