Don’t make me laugh
I READ with great amusement, the letter from Christine Jones. I have not laughed so much in ages. Surely a great spoof letter? Acting the role of resent incomer, telling us that our local market, and a few stores, sell tat and food and that we should on
I READ with great amusement, the letter from Christine Jones. I have not laughed so much in ages. Surely a great spoof letter?
Acting the role of resent incomer, telling us that our local market, and a few stores, sell 'tat and food' and that we should only shop at Woolworths because most of their clothes are made in the UK, probably knowing, that a lot of the toys are from Asian countries, including China.
But the best joke of all was 'me and the rest of the middle class mums' are out to save us from ourselves, whilst sitting round and drinking their cafe lattes and delicately nibbling biscuits, demanding that M&S and Mothercare stores be built in town so that we can at least all have decent underwear.
The brilliant way that she played the role of pretending to ignore the fact that this is a working town, in the middle of an agricultural area where wages, are low, and yes we do have a high population of elderly people in this town and they mainly have to rely on their non-private pensions to live off.
Please more jokes like this!
What's that you say, it's for real?
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended
How tragically sad!