Don’t make me laugh
I READ with great amusement, the letter from Christine Jones. I have not laughed so much in ages. Surely a great spoof letter? Acting the role of resent incomer, telling us that our local market, and a few stores, sell tat and food and that we should on
I READ with great amusement, the letter from Christine Jones. I have not laughed so much in ages. Surely a great spoof letter?
Acting the role of resent incomer, telling us that our local market, and a few stores, sell 'tat and food' and that we should only shop at Woolworths because most of their clothes are made in the UK, probably knowing, that a lot of the toys are from Asian countries, including China.
But the best joke of all was 'me and the rest of the middle class mums' are out to save us from ourselves, whilst sitting round and drinking their cafe lattes and delicately nibbling biscuits, demanding that M&S and Mothercare stores be built in town so that we can at least all have decent underwear.
The brilliant way that she played the role of pretending to ignore the fact that this is a working town, in the middle of an agricultural area where wages, are low, and yes we do have a high population of elderly people in this town and they mainly have to rely on their non-private pensions to live off.
You may also want to watch:
Please more jokes like this!
What's that you say, it's for real?
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
How tragically sad!