Don’t make me laugh
I READ with great amusement, the letter from Christine Jones. I have not laughed so much in ages. Surely a great spoof letter? Acting the role of resent incomer, telling us that our local market, and a few stores, sell tat and food and that we should on
I READ with great amusement, the letter from Christine Jones. I have not laughed so much in ages. Surely a great spoof letter?
Acting the role of resent incomer, telling us that our local market, and a few stores, sell 'tat and food' and that we should only shop at Woolworths because most of their clothes are made in the UK, probably knowing, that a lot of the toys are from Asian countries, including China.
But the best joke of all was 'me and the rest of the middle class mums' are out to save us from ourselves, whilst sitting round and drinking their cafe lattes and delicately nibbling biscuits, demanding that M&S and Mothercare stores be built in town so that we can at least all have decent underwear.
The brilliant way that she played the role of pretending to ignore the fact that this is a working town, in the middle of an agricultural area where wages, are low, and yes we do have a high population of elderly people in this town and they mainly have to rely on their non-private pensions to live off.
You may also want to watch:
Please more jokes like this!
What's that you say, it's for real?
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
How tragically sad!