Don’t get distracted
THE recent bad weather led to an increase in calls for service to the neighbourhood team with increases in road traffic accidents and associated delays to the travelling community. A number of labour-intensive operations have also run alongside our norma
THE recent bad weather led to an increase in calls for service to the neighbourhood team with increases in road traffic accidents and associated delays to the travelling community.
A number of labour-intensive operations have also run alongside our normal policing commitments, which have resulted in local officers working in other parts of the force, supporting both crime and drug operations.
An operation was recently run in our area tackling the massive rise in theft of metal which is been sold as scrap.
Metal is being stolen from various private and industrial premises and I would ask that if any readers see anything suspicious or vehicles travelling carrying large amounts of scrap metal to record vehicle details and contact us either directly or via Crimestoppers to allow us to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
Distraction burglaries continue to be a problem in both this and neighbouring areas and I would ask that vigilance around vulnerable elderly neighbours is maintained and suspicions reported.
Parish surgeries, staffed by members of the neighbourhood team continue to be carried out but are under-supported with residents failing to make use of these to highlight issues of concern with local officers.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
I would urge you to keep in contact either through the surgeries, e-cops, website or by phone on 0845 456 4564 to report incidents or concerns which will allow me the opportunity to prioritise our workload and deployments.
Sgt Alan Savill,
North Neighbourhood Beat,
Tel: 01353 656640