Don’t get distracted
THE recent bad weather led to an increase in calls for service to the neighbourhood team with increases in road traffic accidents and associated delays to the travelling community. A number of labour-intensive operations have also run alongside our norma
THE recent bad weather led to an increase in calls for service to the neighbourhood team with increases in road traffic accidents and associated delays to the travelling community.
A number of labour-intensive operations have also run alongside our normal policing commitments, which have resulted in local officers working in other parts of the force, supporting both crime and drug operations.
An operation was recently run in our area tackling the massive rise in theft of metal which is been sold as scrap.
Metal is being stolen from various private and industrial premises and I would ask that if any readers see anything suspicious or vehicles travelling carrying large amounts of scrap metal to record vehicle details and contact us either directly or via Crimestoppers to allow us to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
Distraction burglaries continue to be a problem in both this and neighbouring areas and I would ask that vigilance around vulnerable elderly neighbours is maintained and suspicions reported.
Parish surgeries, staffed by members of the neighbourhood team continue to be carried out but are under-supported with residents failing to make use of these to highlight issues of concern with local officers.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series
I would urge you to keep in contact either through the surgeries, e-cops, website or by phone on 0845 456 4564 to report incidents or concerns which will allow me the opportunity to prioritise our workload and deployments.
Sgt Alan Savill,
North Neighbourhood Beat,
Tel: 01353 656640