Don’t forget multi-storey opportunity
OVER the past weeks or even months, there has been so much discussion about parking in Ely. Please listen to just one more suggestion. The old Westmill Foods site in Angel Drove, now empty for two years and becoming more neglected week-by-week, could be u
OVER the past weeks or even months, there has been so much discussion about parking in Ely. Please listen to just one more suggestion.
The old Westmill Foods site in Angel Drove, now empty for two years and becoming more neglected week-by-week, could be used to build a multi-storey car park.
It need be no higher than the one in Newmarket so it would not impinge upon the skyline. Run a free shuttle bus, charge absorbed in the parking fee, to the railway station, Market Street and Tesco. Charge for parking by the day, half day or hourly/two-hourly periods. Shoppers in the High Street area could have three free return trips to the car park in a specific time period, allowing them to transport shopping back to their vehicle and then return to the High Street to carry on browsing, shopping or enjoying the tourist sites or the eating places. This way, train users and shoppers (and shop-keepers) would be kept happy and the cathedral precincts would remain just that.
Maybe the council could deliberate upon this suggestion.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’