Dn’t penalise residents
I HAVE read all the articles abut parking in Ely, but never thught that I wuld have prblems as well. We live in centre f Ely and there is n parking with ur prperty. We were using Iceland s back yard t park ur car, but that has been restricted.
I HAVE read all the articles abut parking in Ely, but never thught that I wuld have prblems as well.
We live in centre f Ely and there is n parking with ur prperty. We were using Iceland's back yard t park ur car, but that has been restricted.
We then parked ur car in Newnham Street in the lng-stay parking zne (Paradise Centre). On Friday afternn, we needed g t hspital and fund a parking penalty n ur vehicle.
My husband is wrking in Cambridge and has a cmpany car. I am wrking part-time and the rest f time I am at hme with tw kids. I take my child t schl (breakfast club) and then I am back by 8am. Nanny cmes at 11am and then I am ff t my jb.
With these new parking rules, I need t mve my car between 8am and 10:00am, frm Mnday t Saturday. I am unable t d that because I am at hme with a little child, and I will need my car later.
We tried t cntact the cuncil abut this matter, but have had n respnse frm them.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 6 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
We are paying Cuncil Tax s surely the cuncil culd manage t give residents sme parking space withut penalising them.
When I read in the lcal newspapers abut up t 10 cars a week being stlen, brken in and vandalised, I wrry abut the safety f my car. Are we safe in ur cmmunity? D we have a right t prtect ur belngings and prperty?
Seems like the cuncil cares mre abut visitrs than residents... shame.
EVA by email