District Counci Has Created Millions of Pounds Worth of Investment
WITH reference to comments published last week quoting the developer representing Focus DIY s application for a store on Lisle Lane, I felt compelled to address a number of comments made. East Cambridgeshire District Council, contrary to the developer s v
WITH reference to comments published last week quoting the developer representing Focus DIY's application for a store on Lisle Lane, I felt compelled to address a number of comments made.
East Cambridgeshire District Council, contrary to the developer's view, has over the last year approved numerous planning applications which will create thousands of jobs and millions of pounds of investment in the district. These range from new business parks to individual firms looking to expand their premises. In these difficult times, we have shown time and again how we support business growth.
Indeed, earlier this summer the council showed with its approval of an Aldi store on Lisle Lane, that if the development is of the right scale, in the right place to support the centre and importantly designed to compliment the conservation area then it will succeed.
Our officers base their recommendations on national planning guidelines and local policy. In the case of Focus DIY, far from being indifferent, they tried to advise the developers on how their building could enhance the area.
Finally I would like to reassure the public that we are conscious not to make planning decisions based on the Ely Masterplan which has not yet been approved. The document is currently being re-examined by the council with the aim of including the public at every opportunity.
CLLR PHILIP READ
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 7 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
Chairman of planning committee at East Cambridgeshire District Council