Developers ignored our local knowledge
FIRSTLY, Soham Town Hall... here we go again, blah, blah, blah. I d just like to say how glad I am that the church has finally secured its tea and coffee supplies for the next decade. What will it sell off next? Secondly, the new proposed Mereside devel
FIRSTLY, Soham Town Hall... here we go again, blah, blah, blah. I'd just like to say how glad I am that the church has finally secured its tea and coffee supplies for the next decade.
What will it sell off next?
Secondly, the new proposed Mereside development. Like many others I did attend the viewing of the proposed site at the Pavilion.
I was appalled by the lack of credence given to local people's knowledge.
I can also back up the suggestion that a station was canvassed as part of the deal.
When I politely told the lady who was outlining this scheme, that hell would freeze over before we are given our station back, she said that a rail line already existed so why wouldn't a new station?
- 1 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 2 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 3 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' following A1303 crash
- 8 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 9 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 10 Budding musicians hit the right note at 25th annual awards evening
This only proves how little they really know.
When I said that I certainly knew the station was constantly being asked for and never given, she ignored me.
Next, I, along with a number of others, related how unsuitable a site this was for development and why it quite rightly should never be developed.
All our objections were dismissed and most frightening of all told us that they are 'not responsible' for the impact on our facilities, ie: doctors, schools, traffic and so on.
I asked if any one of them would buy a house on this site and all declined, which speaks volumes. So I asked why they expect others to do so, if they do not. The answer given was simple. The government allows us to build here, the land has been brought and sold relatively cheaply so we will build..