Devastation has been the pits
We write with reference to Roswell Pits to express our disgust that the Planning Officers, Tree Officer and others at East Cambs District Council have not dealt with the devastation that has been wreaked on this beautiful area. All of the officials have b
We write with reference to Roswell Pits to express our disgust that the Planning Officers, Tree Officer and others at East Cambs District Council have not dealt with the devastation that has been wreaked on this beautiful area.
All of the officials have been informed regularly of what was going on at the site and of all the concerns of Ely residents.
The officers are paid out of the Council Tax levied on local people to instrument regulations and procedures on their behalf; they would appear to have failed miserably. Hopefully they will now ensure that everything possible is done to rectify the damage caused, and that they closely scrutinise the Planning Application when it is applied for by the developer, and make sure all of the interested parties are given ample time to peruse it to make sure this unique area is not ruined forever. This would go some way to being an apology for the lack of action.
Peter and Pat Hillman
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations