Delighted that Ely Southern bypass has been approved
I AM delighted that at long last the Ely Southern bypass has been approved.
This will help to reduce traffic along the A1123 corridor Wicken-Stretham-Wilburton-Haddenham-Earith route.
It will reduce congestion all around Ely Station and allow buses to access this vital transport link.
It will support new and existing businesses in the Ely area and in East Anglia generally.
The benefits list just goes on and on and I think it very significant that the route B option has the support of the cathedral authorities.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR BILL HUNT
County councillor, Haddenham Division
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family