Dealing with the gas suppliers
I READ with sympathy and interest the main headline in the Ely Standard last week, Widow s fear over bill error . While I have no advice to give Mrs Coulson I have every sympathy with her dilemma. I moved to my house as a first time buyer in August 2005.
I READ with sympathy and interest the main headline in the Ely Standard last week, "Widow's fear over bill error". While I have no advice to give Mrs Coulson I have every sympathy with her dilemma.
I moved to my house as a first time buyer in August 2005.
My gas supplier was, and still is, British Gas. I too have the wrong serial number logged against my address (due to someone mixing up the plot numbers when my gas was connected) and like Mrs Coulson I have made various phone calls to British Gas.
I have dealt with a variety of different departments none of whom seem able to deal with this problem.
At one point they actually changed my address on their records to match their records and this took months to rectify.
In addition I have been accused of switching my meter readings, reading the wrong meter and that the postman must be delivering mail to the wrong address!
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
I have been in touch with Energywatch and have just written to the managing director of British Gas in the hopes that something will finally be done.
I had thought that I would simply change my gas supplier but have discovered that until this mix up is rectified I am unable to do so.
I have every sympathy with Mrs Coulson as I know what a worry this can be and I sincerely hope that British Gas resolves her problem and mine.
Manor Court Road