Dealing with the gas suppliers
I READ with sympathy and interest the main headline in the Ely Standard last week, Widow s fear over bill error . While I have no advice to give Mrs Coulson I have every sympathy with her dilemma. I moved to my house as a first time buyer in August 2005.
I READ with sympathy and interest the main headline in the Ely Standard last week, "Widow's fear over bill error". While I have no advice to give Mrs Coulson I have every sympathy with her dilemma.
I moved to my house as a first time buyer in August 2005.
My gas supplier was, and still is, British Gas. I too have the wrong serial number logged against my address (due to someone mixing up the plot numbers when my gas was connected) and like Mrs Coulson I have made various phone calls to British Gas.
I have dealt with a variety of different departments none of whom seem able to deal with this problem.
You may also want to watch:
At one point they actually changed my address on their records to match their records and this took months to rectify.
In addition I have been accused of switching my meter readings, reading the wrong meter and that the postman must be delivering mail to the wrong address!
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family
I have been in touch with Energywatch and have just written to the managing director of British Gas in the hopes that something will finally be done.
I had thought that I would simply change my gas supplier but have discovered that until this mix up is rectified I am unable to do so.
I have every sympathy with Mrs Coulson as I know what a worry this can be and I sincerely hope that British Gas resolves her problem and mine.
Manor Court Road