Dealing with the gas suppliers
I READ with sympathy and interest the main headline in the Ely Standard last week, Widow s fear over bill error . While I have no advice to give Mrs Coulson I have every sympathy with her dilemma. I moved to my house as a first time buyer in August 2005.
I READ with sympathy and interest the main headline in the Ely Standard last week, "Widow's fear over bill error". While I have no advice to give Mrs Coulson I have every sympathy with her dilemma.
I moved to my house as a first time buyer in August 2005.
My gas supplier was, and still is, British Gas. I too have the wrong serial number logged against my address (due to someone mixing up the plot numbers when my gas was connected) and like Mrs Coulson I have made various phone calls to British Gas.
I have dealt with a variety of different departments none of whom seem able to deal with this problem.
You may also want to watch:
At one point they actually changed my address on their records to match their records and this took months to rectify.
In addition I have been accused of switching my meter readings, reading the wrong meter and that the postman must be delivering mail to the wrong address!
- 1 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 2 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
I have been in touch with Energywatch and have just written to the managing director of British Gas in the hopes that something will finally be done.
I had thought that I would simply change my gas supplier but have discovered that until this mix up is rectified I am unable to do so.
I have every sympathy with Mrs Coulson as I know what a worry this can be and I sincerely hope that British Gas resolves her problem and mine.
Manor Court Road