Deacon Blue the final act to perform at Thetford Forest’s summer concert series - and you could be there to enjoy it
- Credit: Archant
Deacon Blue are the sixth and final act performing at Thetford Forest this year as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live music series.
The Forestry Commission gigs in woodland locations across the country, including Thetford, will be the band’s only headline shows in England this summer.
Deacon Blue are one of the most respected of all Scottish bands, their melodic pop-rock style gaining a fervent fanbase.
With jazz and soul inspired melodies, the song-writing skills of front man Ricky Ross are illustrated through the diversity of their repertoire.
In 2012 Deacon Blue released their first album in more than a decade, The Hipsters, which went top 20 and was supported by a sold-out UK tour.
You may also want to watch:
Deacon Blue come to Thetford Forest on Sunday, July 13. For tickets and further information call the box office on 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
• One reader will win a pair of tickets to the show. To stand a chance of winning, answer this question:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
What was the name of Deacon Blue’s album released in 2012?
To enter, e-mail your answer to email@example.com – mark your entry Deacon Blue Concert Tickets and make sure you include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Closing date for entries is Thursday, July 3. The winner will be the first answers drawn from all the correct entries. Archant competition rules apply.