Deacon Blue the final act to perform at Thetford Forest’s summer concert series - and you could be there to enjoy it
- Credit: Archant
Deacon Blue are the sixth and final act performing at Thetford Forest this year as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live music series.
The Forestry Commission gigs in woodland locations across the country, including Thetford, will be the band’s only headline shows in England this summer.
Deacon Blue are one of the most respected of all Scottish bands, their melodic pop-rock style gaining a fervent fanbase.
With jazz and soul inspired melodies, the song-writing skills of front man Ricky Ross are illustrated through the diversity of their repertoire.
In 2012 Deacon Blue released their first album in more than a decade, The Hipsters, which went top 20 and was supported by a sold-out UK tour.
You may also want to watch:
Deacon Blue come to Thetford Forest on Sunday, July 13. For tickets and further information call the box office on 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
• One reader will win a pair of tickets to the show. To stand a chance of winning, answer this question:
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
What was the name of Deacon Blue’s album released in 2012?
To enter, e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org – mark your entry Deacon Blue Concert Tickets and make sure you include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Closing date for entries is Thursday, July 3. The winner will be the first answers drawn from all the correct entries. Archant competition rules apply.