I entirely support John Dodson s and Peter and Pat Hillman s letters in last week s Ely Standard re: Roswell Lakes. Despite local people and organisations not wanting this commercial development of a unique wildlife haven, the destruction of land and tree
I entirely support John Dodson's and Peter and Pat Hillman's letters in last week's Ely Standard re: Roswell Lakes.
Despite local people and organisations not wanting this commercial development of a unique wildlife haven, the destruction of land and trees began during the nesting season and has already done great damage with the prospect of all the filth of a commercial marina to follow. This is the marine equivalent to building a combined garage, filling station, and mobile home park in the middle of a nature reserve.
It's high time that East Cambs District Council became accountable for its easy acquiescence. I find it appalling that my Council Tax is paying them to do so.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career