Councillors Need To Work With Local Business
I READ with interest the Letters Page in the Ely Standard regarding the recent goings on at the council meetings regarding the market traders, also the report on councillor Hunt. What has been reported by the market traders I totally have sympathy with. W
I READ with interest the Letters Page in the Ely Standard regarding the recent goings on at the council meetings regarding the market traders, also the report on councillor Hunt. What has been reported by the market traders I totally have sympathy with.
With regard to councillor Hunt, if he was not kicked off the committees for speaking out on the taxi changes and the market traders, then why doesn't someone tell us what it was?
At our meeting in December regarding the change of colours of vehicles etc, the issue seemed to be used as a political football where the Conservatives used the whip when it came to vote. I give credit to councillor Hunt for speaking his own mind and not that of his party, after all they should be representing the people who put them there in the first place.
We in the taxi trade have held several meetings with councillors, attended a working party meeting, presented petitions, but the Conservatives took no notice of any of the feedback and voted en-bloc to go their own way.
Over the years I have served on several committees but I have never seen or been involved in such a shambles as I witnessed run by our Conservative-led councillors.
When will our elected representatives listen and work with residents and local businesses for the good of all, not just themselves?
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 9 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
- 10 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash