Councillors Need To Work With Local Business
I READ with interest the Letters Page in the Ely Standard regarding the recent goings on at the council meetings regarding the market traders, also the report on councillor Hunt. What has been reported by the market traders I totally have sympathy with. W
I READ with interest the Letters Page in the Ely Standard regarding the recent goings on at the council meetings regarding the market traders, also the report on councillor Hunt. What has been reported by the market traders I totally have sympathy with.
With regard to councillor Hunt, if he was not kicked off the committees for speaking out on the taxi changes and the market traders, then why doesn't someone tell us what it was?
At our meeting in December regarding the change of colours of vehicles etc, the issue seemed to be used as a political football where the Conservatives used the whip when it came to vote. I give credit to councillor Hunt for speaking his own mind and not that of his party, after all they should be representing the people who put them there in the first place.
We in the taxi trade have held several meetings with councillors, attended a working party meeting, presented petitions, but the Conservatives took no notice of any of the feedback and voted en-bloc to go their own way.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years I have served on several committees but I have never seen or been involved in such a shambles as I witnessed run by our Conservative-led councillors.
When will our elected representatives listen and work with residents and local businesses for the good of all, not just themselves?
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 5 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl