Councillor Brown Should Be Congratulated...But We Must Stand With Him
COUNCILLOR Fred Brown is to be congratulated for having the courage to stand up against the anti-social behaviour he encountered at Littleport - see Ely Standard article September 4 Councillor tells of Teen Threats . He is quite right that in saying th
COUNCILLOR Fred Brown is to be congratulated for having the courage to stand up against the anti-social behaviour he encountered at Littleport - see Ely Standard article September 4 'Councillor tells of Teen Threats".
He is quite right that in saying that it should not be left to one person to make a stand and he should have the full support of the community. All too often the general public takes a passive role in such incidents, leaving them to the police or local authorities.
If the tide of anti-social behaviour is to be turned it needs Neighbourhood Watch type community involvement, backed up by the police. It's a case of "Together we stand, divided we fall".
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line