Councillor Brown Should Be Congratulated...But We Must Stand With Him
COUNCILLOR Fred Brown is to be congratulated for having the courage to stand up against the anti-social behaviour he encountered at Littleport - see Ely Standard article September 4 Councillor tells of Teen Threats . He is quite right that in saying th
COUNCILLOR Fred Brown is to be congratulated for having the courage to stand up against the anti-social behaviour he encountered at Littleport - see Ely Standard article September 4 'Councillor tells of Teen Threats".
He is quite right that in saying that it should not be left to one person to make a stand and he should have the full support of the community. All too often the general public takes a passive role in such incidents, leaving them to the police or local authorities.
If the tide of anti-social behaviour is to be turned it needs Neighbourhood Watch type community involvement, backed up by the police. It's a case of "Together we stand, divided we fall".
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended