Councillor Brown Should Be Congratulated...But We Must Stand With Him
COUNCILLOR Fred Brown is to be congratulated for having the courage to stand up against the anti-social behaviour he encountered at Littleport - see Ely Standard article September 4 Councillor tells of Teen Threats . He is quite right that in saying th
COUNCILLOR Fred Brown is to be congratulated for having the courage to stand up against the anti-social behaviour he encountered at Littleport - see Ely Standard article September 4 'Councillor tells of Teen Threats".
He is quite right that in saying that it should not be left to one person to make a stand and he should have the full support of the community. All too often the general public takes a passive role in such incidents, leaving them to the police or local authorities.
If the tide of anti-social behaviour is to be turned it needs Neighbourhood Watch type community involvement, backed up by the police. It's a case of "Together we stand, divided we fall".
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical