Council’s duty to sort it
I DO not understand Cllr Seaman s statement that it is not possible to design a parking permit scheme that is fair whilst parking regulations and enforcement remain outside the district s control. There must be many areas of local governance which have e
I DO not understand Cllr Seaman's statement that it is not possible to design a parking permit scheme that is fair whilst parking regulations and enforcement remain outside the district's control.
There must be many areas of local governance which have elements lying outside local authority control, and which require co-ordination with the county or other higher authorities in order to be implemented.
The district council has overseen the expansion of Ely and the raising of the city's profile as a tourist destination. Whilst bringing some benefits, these have put enormous pressures on many aspects of city life.
The inability of local residents to park near their homes is unacceptable and the district council has a duty to find a practical solution.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'