Council's Decision To End Relationship With ADeC Would Be Detrimental To Ely Community
I HAVE no involvement with ADeC other than thoroughly enjoying the services which they provide. The cinema at the Maltings is a truly unique experience, certainly for the area, and is very well attended. I always enjoy the films shown there. You may yours
I HAVE no involvement with ADeC other than thoroughly enjoying the services which they provide. The cinema at the Maltings is a truly unique experience, certainly for the area, and is very well attended. I always enjoy the films shown there. You may yourselves have attended the re-opening event where they put out the red carpet for the premier of Slumdog Millionaire last year which was a huge success and was enjoyed by many.
In addition to the cinema the Babylon Gallery is a great success and provides excellent features and exhibitions to local and national artists throughout the year.
The loss of these features of Ely will greatly affect the local area and I am sure will result in a severe loss of revenue to the local businesses. In particular I am sure The Maltings Restaurant would suffer with the loss of the cinema.
Ely needs to retain these services to attract visitors and residents to the local community.
You may also want to watch:
With the ever-increasing populous and expansion of the city it is these small, independent traits which prove to be such an attraction.
It would be to the detriment of the community for the relationship with ADeC to come to and end and it would be a shame to see all the hard work of developing the riverside into a community attraction be wasted.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000