Council's Decision To End Relationship With ADeC Would Be Detrimental To Ely Community
I HAVE no involvement with ADeC other than thoroughly enjoying the services which they provide. The cinema at the Maltings is a truly unique experience, certainly for the area, and is very well attended. I always enjoy the films shown there. You may yours
I HAVE no involvement with ADeC other than thoroughly enjoying the services which they provide. The cinema at the Maltings is a truly unique experience, certainly for the area, and is very well attended. I always enjoy the films shown there. You may yourselves have attended the re-opening event where they put out the red carpet for the premier of Slumdog Millionaire last year which was a huge success and was enjoyed by many.
In addition to the cinema the Babylon Gallery is a great success and provides excellent features and exhibitions to local and national artists throughout the year.
The loss of these features of Ely will greatly affect the local area and I am sure will result in a severe loss of revenue to the local businesses. In particular I am sure The Maltings Restaurant would suffer with the loss of the cinema.
Ely needs to retain these services to attract visitors and residents to the local community.
With the ever-increasing populous and expansion of the city it is these small, independent traits which prove to be such an attraction.
It would be to the detriment of the community for the relationship with ADeC to come to and end and it would be a shame to see all the hard work of developing the riverside into a community attraction be wasted.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening