Council’s arrogance is ruining city
I FEEL I need to make a comment on Ron Bradney s letter published last week. I am not affected by the car parking issues as I live on the outside of Ely, but I must say that Mr Bradney comes across as very arrogant and self-important. Suggesting £8,000 fo
I FEEL I need to make a comment on Ron Bradney's letter published last week.
I am not affected by the car parking issues as I live on the outside of Ely, but I must say that Mr Bradney comes across as very arrogant and self-important. Suggesting £8,000 for a garage is a bargain is ridiculous! Not everybody has his money.
Also, he wants to spend £832.50 on badges for mayor's past and present. Well, Mr Mayor, we all work hard and there are a lot of people who have done a lot more for Ely than you or any other mayors and none of us get badges. This is pathetic. This money should be spent on something a lot better than some silly badge.
We pay more and more Council Tax each year, and we get less and less for our money. We never see a road sweeper in the part of Ely where I live. This once great city is being ruined by this council's arrogance and ineptitude. Sort out more important things than awarding yourself a 'badge of honour', Mr Bradney.
You may also want to watch:
Why must Tesco be allowed to have a monopoly? Lidl now!
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening