Council’s arrogance is ruining city
I FEEL I need to make a comment on Ron Bradney s letter published last week. I am not affected by the car parking issues as I live on the outside of Ely, but I must say that Mr Bradney comes across as very arrogant and self-important. Suggesting £8,000 fo
I FEEL I need to make a comment on Ron Bradney's letter published last week.
I am not affected by the car parking issues as I live on the outside of Ely, but I must say that Mr Bradney comes across as very arrogant and self-important. Suggesting £8,000 for a garage is a bargain is ridiculous! Not everybody has his money.
Also, he wants to spend £832.50 on badges for mayor's past and present. Well, Mr Mayor, we all work hard and there are a lot of people who have done a lot more for Ely than you or any other mayors and none of us get badges. This is pathetic. This money should be spent on something a lot better than some silly badge.
We pay more and more Council Tax each year, and we get less and less for our money. We never see a road sweeper in the part of Ely where I live. This once great city is being ruined by this council's arrogance and ineptitude. Sort out more important things than awarding yourself a 'badge of honour', Mr Bradney.
You may also want to watch:
Why must Tesco be allowed to have a monopoly? Lidl now!
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside