Couldn’t believe I saw six cars parked on double-yellow lines in New Barns Road, Ely
- Credit: Archant
I WAS walking home from work on Tuesday last week and at about 5.45pm I got to the fish and chip shop at the New Barns Road and Newnham Street junction in Ely.
I couldn’t believe what I saw at the junction going up New Barns Road. There were six cars all parked on double-yellow lines up to the playing field side gate.
I saw cars attempting to turn into this junction and having to slam on the brakes due to these very inconsiderate, arrogant drivers.
Firstly, why ignore the double-yellow lines? Secondly, why ignore the Highway Code and park right at the mouth of a busy junction?
There has been a lot of negative press about cyclists these days, so maybe a bit a common sense and law abiding from the lazy, junk-food-scoffing car driving fraternity wouldn’t go amiss either!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air