Couldn’t believe I saw six cars parked on double-yellow lines in New Barns Road, Ely
- Credit: Archant
I WAS walking home from work on Tuesday last week and at about 5.45pm I got to the fish and chip shop at the New Barns Road and Newnham Street junction in Ely.
I couldn’t believe what I saw at the junction going up New Barns Road. There were six cars all parked on double-yellow lines up to the playing field side gate.
I saw cars attempting to turn into this junction and having to slam on the brakes due to these very inconsiderate, arrogant drivers.
Firstly, why ignore the double-yellow lines? Secondly, why ignore the Highway Code and park right at the mouth of a busy junction?
There has been a lot of negative press about cyclists these days, so maybe a bit a common sense and law abiding from the lazy, junk-food-scoffing car driving fraternity wouldn’t go amiss either!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 6 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 9 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts