Couldn’t believe I saw six cars parked on double-yellow lines in New Barns Road, Ely
- Credit: Archant
I WAS walking home from work on Tuesday last week and at about 5.45pm I got to the fish and chip shop at the New Barns Road and Newnham Street junction in Ely.
I couldn’t believe what I saw at the junction going up New Barns Road. There were six cars all parked on double-yellow lines up to the playing field side gate.
I saw cars attempting to turn into this junction and having to slam on the brakes due to these very inconsiderate, arrogant drivers.
Firstly, why ignore the double-yellow lines? Secondly, why ignore the Highway Code and park right at the mouth of a busy junction?
There has been a lot of negative press about cyclists these days, so maybe a bit a common sense and law abiding from the lazy, junk-food-scoffing car driving fraternity wouldn’t go amiss either!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out