Concerns and priorities for the New Year
THE south neighbourhood team is working extremely hard to address the concerns of the community. The Soham Panel meeting produced two priorities - speeding in Soham and the surrounding villages and tackling anti social behaviour and criminal damage in Th
THE south neighbourhood team is working extremely hard to address the concerns of the community.
The Soham Panel meeting produced two priorities - speeding in Soham and the surrounding villages and tackling anti social behaviour and criminal damage in Thirwell Drive/Newport Avenue in Fordham.
Speed enforcement measures are being conducted on a daily basis in the highlighted areas and patrols have been increased in Fordham to tackle the anti social behaviour.
Both priorities are based on action plans which are monitored and updated daily by all officers within the team. A detailed report will be presented at the next panel meeting which takes place at Soham Village College on the January 17 at 7pm. This meeting is a public meeting please come along and let us know your concerns.
You may also want to watch:
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome PCSO Simon Rampley to the team. Simon has transferred from the north neighbourhood team where he was responsible for community support in Ely city centre. His new beat area is the Cheveley area and the surrounding villages where he will be working alongside PC Neil Evans as community support officer.
The team is all participating in Operation Sodium duties throughout the festive season, this operation deals with alcohol related disorder caused by offenders who have over indulged with alcohol and persist in spoiling every body else's fun. Offenders and suspects will be dealt with positively and robustly.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
Finally I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all on behalf of the officer's and myself on the south neighbourhood team a very happy, safe and crime free New Year.