Come to my coffee morning to support East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
Just a reminder that my mayor’s charity this year is East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, the Milton children’s hospice which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
The charity supports children, young people and their families with the challenges that a life-threatening condition can often bring.
It provides accommodation for families for respite and during the most difficult times, visits patients in their own homes and runs sibling activities and counselling. Its support for the family can last for many years, often continuing long after a child has died.
It costs £5,300 to run the Hospice for one day.
I am hosting a drop-in tea, coffee and cake event at Ely Cathedral Centre to raise much-needed funds for the charity. It is from 10m-4pm on Friday. There will also be a tombola.
Do please come and support. I look forward to seeing you there.
CLLR LIS EVERY
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 7 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
Mayor of Ely