Come to my coffee morning to support East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
Just a reminder that my mayor’s charity this year is East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, the Milton children’s hospice which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
The charity supports children, young people and their families with the challenges that a life-threatening condition can often bring.
It provides accommodation for families for respite and during the most difficult times, visits patients in their own homes and runs sibling activities and counselling. Its support for the family can last for many years, often continuing long after a child has died.
It costs £5,300 to run the Hospice for one day.
I am hosting a drop-in tea, coffee and cake event at Ely Cathedral Centre to raise much-needed funds for the charity. It is from 10m-4pm on Friday. There will also be a tombola.
You may also want to watch:
Do please come and support. I look forward to seeing you there.
CLLR LIS EVERY
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
Mayor of Ely