Come to my coffee morning to support East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
Just a reminder that my mayor’s charity this year is East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, the Milton children’s hospice which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
The charity supports children, young people and their families with the challenges that a life-threatening condition can often bring.
It provides accommodation for families for respite and during the most difficult times, visits patients in their own homes and runs sibling activities and counselling. Its support for the family can last for many years, often continuing long after a child has died.
It costs £5,300 to run the Hospice for one day.
I am hosting a drop-in tea, coffee and cake event at Ely Cathedral Centre to raise much-needed funds for the charity. It is from 10m-4pm on Friday. There will also be a tombola.
You may also want to watch:
Do please come and support. I look forward to seeing you there.
CLLR LIS EVERY
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
Mayor of Ely