CHRISTMAS MESSAGES 2012: A Merry Christmas from Littleport Parish Council
LITTLEPORT was turned red, white and blue on June 4 for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations this year.
The parish council supported the jubilee committee’s event in Main Street car park where hundreds of people enjoyed the festivities.
There were stalls, fancy dress, an art competition, games, teas and live music. This was followed by the lighting of the beacon and fireworks at Littleport Leisure Centre.
The good weather was back for Littleport Leisure’s Funday on June 10 which was well supported. The parish council gave a grant towards the children’s Olympic-themed sports event involving both of the local schools.
Littleport Band continues to go from strength to strength and this year has been promoted to the 1st Section. Littleport Parish Council has supported them with a grant for uniform jackets for new members.
Main Street is looking festive with a wonderful tree erected by Littleport Rotary Club and lights put up by the Celebration Lights Committee (both supported by the council).
On December 7 Main Street car park hosted Rotary’s Christmas Market and Fayre. The council meeting room was transformed into Santa’s Grotto for the evening much to the delight of excited children.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
On behalf of the parish council I would like to wish all our parishioners a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.