CHRISTMAS MESSAGES 2012: A Merry Christmas from Littleport Parish Council
LITTLEPORT was turned red, white and blue on June 4 for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations this year.
The parish council supported the jubilee committee’s event in Main Street car park where hundreds of people enjoyed the festivities.
There were stalls, fancy dress, an art competition, games, teas and live music. This was followed by the lighting of the beacon and fireworks at Littleport Leisure Centre.
The good weather was back for Littleport Leisure’s Funday on June 10 which was well supported. The parish council gave a grant towards the children’s Olympic-themed sports event involving both of the local schools.
Littleport Band continues to go from strength to strength and this year has been promoted to the 1st Section. Littleport Parish Council has supported them with a grant for uniform jackets for new members.
You may also want to watch:
Main Street is looking festive with a wonderful tree erected by Littleport Rotary Club and lights put up by the Celebration Lights Committee (both supported by the council).
On December 7 Main Street car park hosted Rotary’s Christmas Market and Fayre. The council meeting room was transformed into Santa’s Grotto for the evening much to the delight of excited children.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
On behalf of the parish council I would like to wish all our parishioners a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.