Children's Cancer Charity Says Thank You To Ely Standard Readers
ON behalf of the CLIC Sargent charity and the Fairhurst family I would like to thank readers of the Ely Standard for their most generous support. With your help, Liam has now raised more than £290,000, including £100,000 from a CLIC Sargent direct mailin
ON behalf of the CLIC Sargent charity and the Fairhurst family I would like to thank readers of the Ely Standard for their most generous support.
With your help, Liam has now raised more than £290,000, including £100,000 from a CLIC Sargent direct mailing fronted by Liam.
This is a remarkable achievement and I am sure that any of you who have met Liam or heard about his story cannot help but be inspired by his courage and determination.
December is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (CCAM) and this year, CLIC Sargent focuses on children and young people who want to be cared for at home, so that they can lead as normal a life as possible.
You may also want to watch:
CLIC Sargent provides specialist nurses, social workers and other professionals who support children and young people with cancer and their families - in hospital, at home and in the community.
Today another 10 children and young people like Liam will be told that they have cancer. But right now CLIC Sargent can only help two out of three.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines
We need the continued support of Ely Standard readers to help us be there for each and every one.
Thank you and best wishes for a prosperous new year.
Director of fund-raising, CLIC Sargent.