Children's Cancer Charity Says Thank You To Ely Standard Readers
ON behalf of the CLIC Sargent charity and the Fairhurst family I would like to thank readers of the Ely Standard for their most generous support. With your help, Liam has now raised more than £290,000, including £100,000 from a CLIC Sargent direct mailin
ON behalf of the CLIC Sargent charity and the Fairhurst family I would like to thank readers of the Ely Standard for their most generous support.
With your help, Liam has now raised more than £290,000, including £100,000 from a CLIC Sargent direct mailing fronted by Liam.
This is a remarkable achievement and I am sure that any of you who have met Liam or heard about his story cannot help but be inspired by his courage and determination.
December is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (CCAM) and this year, CLIC Sargent focuses on children and young people who want to be cared for at home, so that they can lead as normal a life as possible.
You may also want to watch:
CLIC Sargent provides specialist nurses, social workers and other professionals who support children and young people with cancer and their families - in hospital, at home and in the community.
Today another 10 children and young people like Liam will be told that they have cancer. But right now CLIC Sargent can only help two out of three.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
We need the continued support of Ely Standard readers to help us be there for each and every one.
Thank you and best wishes for a prosperous new year.
Director of fund-raising, CLIC Sargent.