AFTER reading Betty Wilbraham s column in last week s Standard (Simple Things In Life Are glee) I think that she should be aware that not all parents are how she describes. I look forward to the school holidays and having the opportunity to spend time wit
AFTER reading Betty Wilbraham's column in last week's Standard (Simple Things In Life Are glee) I think that she should be aware that not all parents are how she describes.
I look forward to the school holidays and having the opportunity to spend time with my children who do not spend all their free time in front of the television. We spend time baking, painting and going on lots of picnics around Ely. We also go to the local library and are looking forward to taking part in their summer reading challenge. As for birthday parties, my daughter helps me make her cake and prepare her birthday tea.
Yes, sometimes we do go to local attractions such as Planet Zoom, Paradise Pool and Church Farm but my children know how to play simple games and are enjoying being children.
You may also want to watch:
St Mary's Street
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical