AFTER reading Betty Wilbraham s column in last week s Standard (Simple Things In Life Are glee) I think that she should be aware that not all parents are how she describes. I look forward to the school holidays and having the opportunity to spend time wit
AFTER reading Betty Wilbraham's column in last week's Standard (Simple Things In Life Are glee) I think that she should be aware that not all parents are how she describes.
I look forward to the school holidays and having the opportunity to spend time with my children who do not spend all their free time in front of the television. We spend time baking, painting and going on lots of picnics around Ely. We also go to the local library and are looking forward to taking part in their summer reading challenge. As for birthday parties, my daughter helps me make her cake and prepare her birthday tea.
Yes, sometimes we do go to local attractions such as Planet Zoom, Paradise Pool and Church Farm but my children know how to play simple games and are enjoying being children.
You may also want to watch:
St Mary's Street
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line