Change Of Use To Social Housing Really Concerns Me
I AM writing in response to your slums of the future worry - article in last week s Ely Standard. I live (owner occupier) in the Cathedral View development and I was not aware that Barrett was planning to build these houses. The change of use to social
I AM writing in response to your 'slums of the future' worry - article in last week's Ely Standard. I live (owner occupier) in the Cathedral View development and I was not aware that Barrett was planning to build these houses. The change of use to 'social housing' really concerns me. Do you know if they got planning permission?
They have already sold a large number of new houses and flats to the Jephson Housing Association, for use as social housing. This has resulted in a large number of incidents of anti-social behaviour over the past two or three months.
I have complained to Jephson Housing Association and they are investigating and they have informed me that the police want to speak to them about the increased incidents of anti-social behaviour.
The police are linking the increased incidents of anti-social behaviour with the introduction of 'social housing' on the Cathedral View development. Up until the social housing was introduced there were very few incidents here, now they occur on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust