Change Of Use To Social Housing Really Concerns Me
I AM writing in response to your slums of the future worry - article in last week s Ely Standard. I live (owner occupier) in the Cathedral View development and I was not aware that Barrett was planning to build these houses. The change of use to social
I AM writing in response to your 'slums of the future' worry - article in last week's Ely Standard. I live (owner occupier) in the Cathedral View development and I was not aware that Barrett was planning to build these houses. The change of use to 'social housing' really concerns me. Do you know if they got planning permission?
They have already sold a large number of new houses and flats to the Jephson Housing Association, for use as social housing. This has resulted in a large number of incidents of anti-social behaviour over the past two or three months.
I have complained to Jephson Housing Association and they are investigating and they have informed me that the police want to speak to them about the increased incidents of anti-social behaviour.
The police are linking the increased incidents of anti-social behaviour with the introduction of 'social housing' on the Cathedral View development. Up until the social housing was introduced there were very few incidents here, now they occur on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer