Change Of Use To Social Housing Really Concerns Me
I AM writing in response to your slums of the future worry - article in last week s Ely Standard. I live (owner occupier) in the Cathedral View development and I was not aware that Barrett was planning to build these houses. The change of use to social
I AM writing in response to your 'slums of the future' worry - article in last week's Ely Standard. I live (owner occupier) in the Cathedral View development and I was not aware that Barrett was planning to build these houses. The change of use to 'social housing' really concerns me. Do you know if they got planning permission?
They have already sold a large number of new houses and flats to the Jephson Housing Association, for use as social housing. This has resulted in a large number of incidents of anti-social behaviour over the past two or three months.
I have complained to Jephson Housing Association and they are investigating and they have informed me that the police want to speak to them about the increased incidents of anti-social behaviour.
The police are linking the increased incidents of anti-social behaviour with the introduction of 'social housing' on the Cathedral View development. Up until the social housing was introduced there were very few incidents here, now they occur on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments