Care charities invited to promote their work in Sainsbury’s Ely for Carers Week
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Carers Week takes place from June 14-18.
To mark its 50th anniversary, Sainsbury’s Ely has invited in a number of local carers charities into the store.
Run by Carers UK, Carers Week is an annual event designed to help raise awareness of caring, highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the contribution they make to families and communities throughout the UK. Sainsbury’s has supported Carers UK for five years.
Across the week, the following organisations will be in store to talk to customers and colleagues about the work they do:
• Monday: Carers Trust Cambridgeshire
You may also want to watch:
• Tuesday: Timebank & Care-Network
• Wednesday: Alzheimer’s Society
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
• Thursday: Timebank & Care-Network
• Friday: Trust a Dietician (am) & Centre 33 (pm)
• Saturday: Carers Trust Cambridgeshire
The team at the Ely store kicked off the week with a ‘helping hands’ for carers event in support of the Carers UK campaign, and they were joined by representatives from Carers Trust Cambridgeshire.