Care charities invited to promote their work in Sainsbury’s Ely for Carers Week
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Carers Week takes place from June 14-18.
To mark its 50th anniversary, Sainsbury’s Ely has invited in a number of local carers charities into the store.
Run by Carers UK, Carers Week is an annual event designed to help raise awareness of caring, highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the contribution they make to families and communities throughout the UK. Sainsbury’s has supported Carers UK for five years.
Across the week, the following organisations will be in store to talk to customers and colleagues about the work they do:
• Monday: Carers Trust Cambridgeshire
You may also want to watch:
• Tuesday: Timebank & Care-Network
• Wednesday: Alzheimer’s Society
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
• Thursday: Timebank & Care-Network
• Friday: Trust a Dietician (am) & Centre 33 (pm)
• Saturday: Carers Trust Cambridgeshire
The team at the Ely store kicked off the week with a ‘helping hands’ for carers event in support of the Carers UK campaign, and they were joined by representatives from Carers Trust Cambridgeshire.