Care charities invited to promote their work in Sainsbury’s Ely for Carers Week
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Carers Week takes place from June 14-18.
To mark its 50th anniversary, Sainsbury’s Ely has invited in a number of local carers charities into the store.
Run by Carers UK, Carers Week is an annual event designed to help raise awareness of caring, highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the contribution they make to families and communities throughout the UK. Sainsbury’s has supported Carers UK for five years.
Across the week, the following organisations will be in store to talk to customers and colleagues about the work they do:
• Monday: Carers Trust Cambridgeshire
You may also want to watch:
• Tuesday: Timebank & Care-Network
• Wednesday: Alzheimer’s Society
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
• Thursday: Timebank & Care-Network
• Friday: Trust a Dietician (am) & Centre 33 (pm)
• Saturday: Carers Trust Cambridgeshire
The team at the Ely store kicked off the week with a ‘helping hands’ for carers event in support of the Carers UK campaign, and they were joined by representatives from Carers Trust Cambridgeshire.