Car park is cordoned off because of dwindling numbers of people who support the club
IN reply to Geoff Griggs’ column regarding the cordoning off of our car park, it’s due to the economic situation and dwindling numbers of members who support the club by using it as a club and not just as a free car park, or park free for a year for the �12 annual membership fee.
As for saying we do not wish to be part of the town, nothing could be further from the truth. It is a shame you make a comment like that without just coming into the club to find out why we took this action.
I notice you did not suggest using the pub car parks as they, like ours, stand empty when the pub is not open, or would that be inward looking?
May I welcome all those who complain about the club charging �1 for a day’s parking to come in and enjoy the club, spend a few bob over the counter and then the comrades club may be able to prosper.
Then, maybe, the car park can be open for all to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
SOHAM COMRADES CLUB
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest