Car park is cordoned off because of dwindling numbers of people who support the club
IN reply to Geoff Griggs’ column regarding the cordoning off of our car park, it’s due to the economic situation and dwindling numbers of members who support the club by using it as a club and not just as a free car park, or park free for a year for the �12 annual membership fee.
As for saying we do not wish to be part of the town, nothing could be further from the truth. It is a shame you make a comment like that without just coming into the club to find out why we took this action.
I notice you did not suggest using the pub car parks as they, like ours, stand empty when the pub is not open, or would that be inward looking?
May I welcome all those who complain about the club charging �1 for a day’s parking to come in and enjoy the club, spend a few bob over the counter and then the comrades club may be able to prosper.
Then, maybe, the car park can be open for all to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
SOHAM COMRADES CLUB
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations