Car park is cordoned off because of dwindling numbers of people who support the club
IN reply to Geoff Griggs’ column regarding the cordoning off of our car park, it’s due to the economic situation and dwindling numbers of members who support the club by using it as a club and not just as a free car park, or park free for a year for the �12 annual membership fee.
As for saying we do not wish to be part of the town, nothing could be further from the truth. It is a shame you make a comment like that without just coming into the club to find out why we took this action.
I notice you did not suggest using the pub car parks as they, like ours, stand empty when the pub is not open, or would that be inward looking?
May I welcome all those who complain about the club charging �1 for a day’s parking to come in and enjoy the club, spend a few bob over the counter and then the comrades club may be able to prosper.
Then, maybe, the car park can be open for all to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
SOHAM COMRADES CLUB
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings