Candidates Are Elected on the Basis of What They Stand For
IT is regrettable that Cllr Brown feels resentful at being disbarred from participation in the Masterplan working party due to the recent turn of events at the district council. He appears bitter, but this is misplaced, due in part to the erroneous belief
IT is regrettable that Cllr Brown feels resentful at being disbarred from participation in the Masterplan working party due to the recent turn of events at the district council. He appears bitter, but this is misplaced, due in part to the erroneous belief that any individual from outside the village has no right to represent the community any more than an individual from the south of England.
Candidates are elected by the residents of a ward on the basis of what they stand for - not where they come from. Unless a candidate has a business interest, all those standing for office have to be resident in the district. Those lucky enough to be elected are there to represent the interests of the entire community not just those who voted for them.
Adoption of Cllr Brown's supposition would remove nine of his colleagues from the wards they currently represent across East Cambridgeshire. Does he believe they too have no right to represent the community which elected them?
It would seem that Cllr Brown is suffering from a bad bout of sour grapes due to the fall-out of the Masterplan fiasco.
You may also want to watch:
Littleport west ward.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house