Candidates Are Elected on the Basis of What They Stand For
IT is regrettable that Cllr Brown feels resentful at being disbarred from participation in the Masterplan working party due to the recent turn of events at the district council. He appears bitter, but this is misplaced, due in part to the erroneous belief
IT is regrettable that Cllr Brown feels resentful at being disbarred from participation in the Masterplan working party due to the recent turn of events at the district council. He appears bitter, but this is misplaced, due in part to the erroneous belief that any individual from outside the village has no right to represent the community any more than an individual from the south of England.
Candidates are elected by the residents of a ward on the basis of what they stand for - not where they come from. Unless a candidate has a business interest, all those standing for office have to be resident in the district. Those lucky enough to be elected are there to represent the interests of the entire community not just those who voted for them.
Adoption of Cllr Brown's supposition would remove nine of his colleagues from the wards they currently represent across East Cambridgeshire. Does he believe they too have no right to represent the community which elected them?
It would seem that Cllr Brown is suffering from a bad bout of sour grapes due to the fall-out of the Masterplan fiasco.
You may also want to watch:
Littleport west ward.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos