FOR the third weekend on the run there is an event in The Pavilion. This time it is the annual Rotary Beer Festival on Saturday. The real ale (plus cider, wine, lager and soft drinks, if you must) starts flowing at 2pm and, providing stocks last, will con
FOR the third weekend on the run there is an event in The Pavilion.
This time it is the annual Rotary Beer Festival on Saturday. The real ale (plus cider, wine, lager and soft drinks, if you must) starts flowing at 2pm and, providing stocks last, will continue until 11pm. There will be beers from Bury, Shelford, Royston, Preston, Tring and Newark as well as our local brewers at Little Downham.
The Scouts will be barbecuing all day to raise funds for their new hut and at 8pm personality auctioneer David Palmer will work his way through 60 excellent lots to swell the coffers of Liam's Mile.
Once David gets going don't even scratch or twitch - you'll buy something for sure. The Eel Pie Band will be on from 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
If all this high living gets too much for you, you can walk off some of the calories later in the week.
On Monday, there is the annual walk of the land belonging to the Grammar Schools Moors Charity, starting from the pit on the bypass at 7pm and, on Thursday, the Soham Nature and Conservation Society will walk the Orchid Meadow from the same starting point at 7.30pm.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 5 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour