FOR the third weekend on the run there is an event in The Pavilion. This time it is the annual Rotary Beer Festival on Saturday. The real ale (plus cider, wine, lager and soft drinks, if you must) starts flowing at 2pm and, providing stocks last, will con
FOR the third weekend on the run there is an event in The Pavilion.
This time it is the annual Rotary Beer Festival on Saturday. The real ale (plus cider, wine, lager and soft drinks, if you must) starts flowing at 2pm and, providing stocks last, will continue until 11pm. There will be beers from Bury, Shelford, Royston, Preston, Tring and Newark as well as our local brewers at Little Downham.
The Scouts will be barbecuing all day to raise funds for their new hut and at 8pm personality auctioneer David Palmer will work his way through 60 excellent lots to swell the coffers of Liam's Mile.
Once David gets going don't even scratch or twitch - you'll buy something for sure. The Eel Pie Band will be on from 7pm.
If all this high living gets too much for you, you can walk off some of the calories later in the week.
On Monday, there is the annual walk of the land belonging to the Grammar Schools Moors Charity, starting from the pit on the bypass at 7pm and, on Thursday, the Soham Nature and Conservation Society will walk the Orchid Meadow from the same starting point at 7.30pm.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended