On Saturday, there is a gardeners question time event at the Soham Lodge Hotel. It is being organised by the local branch of the Chernobyl Children Lifeline, the people who bring the kids over from Belarus so that they can get some of the pollution out
On Saturday, there is a gardeners' question time event at the Soham Lodge Hotel.
It is being organised by the local branch of the Chernobyl Children Lifeline, the people who bring the kids over from Belarus so that they can get some of the pollution out of their systems.
The event will be compered by Mandy Morton of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and will feature local horticultural expert Timothy Clark and Peter Jackson of Scotsdales.
The cost is £4.50 and it runs from
You may also want to watch:
3-4.30pm. There will be refreshments and a raffle. Tickets are available on 01353 723393 or at the door.
If gardening isn't your thing, then you can cheer on Soham's men in white as they take on Sutton in the first home cricket match of the season on Qua Fen Common.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
- 10 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
There's a football match somewhere in Wales, too, but I can't see that it's relevant to Soham.
Wicken Beer Festival on Saturday evening probably is, though.