On Saturday, there is a gardeners question time event at the Soham Lodge Hotel. It is being organised by the local branch of the Chernobyl Children Lifeline, the people who bring the kids over from Belarus so that they can get some of the pollution out
On Saturday, there is a gardeners' question time event at the Soham Lodge Hotel.
It is being organised by the local branch of the Chernobyl Children Lifeline, the people who bring the kids over from Belarus so that they can get some of the pollution out of their systems.
The event will be compered by Mandy Morton of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and will feature local horticultural expert Timothy Clark and Peter Jackson of Scotsdales.
The cost is £4.50 and it runs from
3-4.30pm. There will be refreshments and a raffle. Tickets are available on 01353 723393 or at the door.
If gardening isn't your thing, then you can cheer on Soham's men in white as they take on Sutton in the first home cricket match of the season on Qua Fen Common.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 8 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
There's a football match somewhere in Wales, too, but I can't see that it's relevant to Soham.
Wicken Beer Festival on Saturday evening probably is, though.