Build homes only if you help all
I WRITE regarding your front page story 500 new homes planned . I was born in Ely and lived there until I was about 25. When I asked for help to find housing, I was told you are a male, sort your own life out, get yourself a place of your own . I am now
I WRITE regarding your front page story '500 new homes planned'.
I was born in Ely and lived there until I was about 25. When I asked for help to find housing, I was told 'you are a male, sort your own life out, get yourself a place of your own'. I am now living in Bristol and it took six months for me to find a home and it didn't matter that I was male. I don't understand why you need so many new houses in Ely if you are not going to help those who need them.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs