Build homes only if you help all
I WRITE regarding your front page story 500 new homes planned . I was born in Ely and lived there until I was about 25. When I asked for help to find housing, I was told you are a male, sort your own life out, get yourself a place of your own . I am now
I WRITE regarding your front page story '500 new homes planned'.
I was born in Ely and lived there until I was about 25. When I asked for help to find housing, I was told 'you are a male, sort your own life out, get yourself a place of your own'. I am now living in Bristol and it took six months for me to find a home and it didn't matter that I was male. I don't understand why you need so many new houses in Ely if you are not going to help those who need them.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Rainbow house brightens up lockdown
- 5 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 6 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 7 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal