Brownfield site is much more suitable for Ely Cinema
WITH reference to the brownfield site for the cinema, I totally agree with Tom Maddock, it would be a far better option than Downham Road.
The opinion was only taken from those with e-mail, had a telephone response been an option the vote may well have proved different. Anyway, I wonder how many of those who voted actually go to the cinema?
The brownfield site is much more accessible by foot, road, rail and public transport. Not everyone owns a car and who would want to walk home from Downham Road on a cold, dark night on their own? It would be far too dangerous a road to negotiate.
Come on, let’s have a proper vote, by e-mail, letter, phone or any other means so that we can all be counted. Not taking the decision by just a few, but all that would like to cast a vote. Keep the cinema in town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’