Brownfield site is much more suitable for Ely Cinema
WITH reference to the brownfield site for the cinema, I totally agree with Tom Maddock, it would be a far better option than Downham Road.
The opinion was only taken from those with e-mail, had a telephone response been an option the vote may well have proved different. Anyway, I wonder how many of those who voted actually go to the cinema?
The brownfield site is much more accessible by foot, road, rail and public transport. Not everyone owns a car and who would want to walk home from Downham Road on a cold, dark night on their own? It would be far too dangerous a road to negotiate.
Come on, let’s have a proper vote, by e-mail, letter, phone or any other means so that we can all be counted. Not taking the decision by just a few, but all that would like to cast a vote. Keep the cinema in town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 4 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard