Brownfield site is much more suitable for Ely Cinema
WITH reference to the brownfield site for the cinema, I totally agree with Tom Maddock, it would be a far better option than Downham Road.
The opinion was only taken from those with e-mail, had a telephone response been an option the vote may well have proved different. Anyway, I wonder how many of those who voted actually go to the cinema?
The brownfield site is much more accessible by foot, road, rail and public transport. Not everyone owns a car and who would want to walk home from Downham Road on a cold, dark night on their own? It would be far too dangerous a road to negotiate.
Come on, let’s have a proper vote, by e-mail, letter, phone or any other means so that we can all be counted. Not taking the decision by just a few, but all that would like to cast a vote. Keep the cinema in town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?