Breast Feeding At Home Is Not The Answer
LIKE Ann Scuse I too breastfed my children. However, I breastfed mine in private and in public. Had I have chosen to do so only in private I would have spent a great deal of my time restricted to the house, unable to do the shopping or take my elder child
LIKE Ann Scuse I too breastfed my children. However, I breastfed mine in private and in public. Had I have chosen to do so only in private I would have spent a great deal of my time restricted to the house, unable to do the shopping or take my elder child to the park, both these things being impossible to squeeze in between my newborn baby's feeds. Not allowing my son to feed in public would have resulted in a great deal of crying, from my son and myself. Restricting exercise and social interaction are not the best ways to promote mental health in new mothers and their babies.
Most people choose to make love somewhere private and use toilets for the purpose they are designed for. So logically babies should therefore be able to feed where others choose to feed and not just at home or in poorly designed baby changing cubicles. It's quite possible to feed a baby discreetly and it's unlikely the breastfeeding mother is contemplating a career in topless modelling.
Yes, noisy children (or adults for that matter) can be irritating at times but a little tolerance goes a long way. Those who do not possess this ability might like to stay at home to drink their coffee in future.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 5 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line