Breast Feeding At Home Is Not The Answer
LIKE Ann Scuse I too breastfed my children. However, I breastfed mine in private and in public. Had I have chosen to do so only in private I would have spent a great deal of my time restricted to the house, unable to do the shopping or take my elder child
LIKE Ann Scuse I too breastfed my children. However, I breastfed mine in private and in public. Had I have chosen to do so only in private I would have spent a great deal of my time restricted to the house, unable to do the shopping or take my elder child to the park, both these things being impossible to squeeze in between my newborn baby's feeds. Not allowing my son to feed in public would have resulted in a great deal of crying, from my son and myself. Restricting exercise and social interaction are not the best ways to promote mental health in new mothers and their babies.
Most people choose to make love somewhere private and use toilets for the purpose they are designed for. So logically babies should therefore be able to feed where others choose to feed and not just at home or in poorly designed baby changing cubicles. It's quite possible to feed a baby discreetly and it's unlikely the breastfeeding mother is contemplating a career in topless modelling.
Yes, noisy children (or adults for that matter) can be irritating at times but a little tolerance goes a long way. Those who do not possess this ability might like to stay at home to drink their coffee in future.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection