Breast Feeding At Home Is Not The Answer
LIKE Ann Scuse I too breastfed my children. However, I breastfed mine in private and in public. Had I have chosen to do so only in private I would have spent a great deal of my time restricted to the house, unable to do the shopping or take my elder child
LIKE Ann Scuse I too breastfed my children. However, I breastfed mine in private and in public. Had I have chosen to do so only in private I would have spent a great deal of my time restricted to the house, unable to do the shopping or take my elder child to the park, both these things being impossible to squeeze in between my newborn baby's feeds. Not allowing my son to feed in public would have resulted in a great deal of crying, from my son and myself. Restricting exercise and social interaction are not the best ways to promote mental health in new mothers and their babies.
Most people choose to make love somewhere private and use toilets for the purpose they are designed for. So logically babies should therefore be able to feed where others choose to feed and not just at home or in poorly designed baby changing cubicles. It's quite possible to feed a baby discreetly and it's unlikely the breastfeeding mother is contemplating a career in topless modelling.
Yes, noisy children (or adults for that matter) can be irritating at times but a little tolerance goes a long way. Those who do not possess this ability might like to stay at home to drink their coffee in future.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical