Brave Jack would have been so proud
MY name is Caz Wilkinson and our son, Jack, was on treatment with Liam Fairhurst on C2 at Addenbrooke s Hospital. They became friends and supported each other during their treatments, whenever they found themselves on the ward together. Jack lost his bra
MY name is Caz Wilkinson and our son, Jack, was on treatment with Liam Fairhurst on C2 at Addenbrooke's Hospital. They became friends and supported each other during their treatments, whenever they found themselves on the ward together.
Jack lost his brave battle with his cancer on August 11, 2006. Since Liam found out, he has been fund-raising in Jack's memory.
We are obviously still coming to terms with the loss of our special son who, like Liam did fund-raising for others who were suffering from cancer.
Liam and his family have achieved remarkable goals and we are so proud to know them. Jack would be so humbled to know that Liam continues to fund-raise in his memory and for us it helps to know that our son will never be forgotten by those who knew and loved him.
Please thank Liam and of course all his supporters for their tireless fund-raising for CLIC Sargent, a cancer charity that helps so many families when they find themselves in the unenviable position of having a child suffering with cancer.
Liam is a unique and incredible young man and we wish him and his family well for the future.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 7 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 10 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
(A very proud but sad mum)