I AM trying to find the date that the bombs dropped at Soham Townsend. Two landed in the garden of my grandparents , Mr and Mrs AE Gammon, home and the third went into the flower bed of the house across the road. Luckily, they didn t explode. If anyone ha
I AM trying to find the date that the bombs dropped at Soham Townsend. Two landed in the garden of my grandparents', Mr and Mrs AE Gammon, home and the third went into the flower bed of the house across the road. Luckily, they didn't explode.
If anyone has recorded the date this happened or, in fact if any photos were taken after they were dug out and made harmless, I would be glad to hear from you.
I also wondered if anyone has a photograph of an old thatched house that stood adjacent to the bungalow that is now being refurbished on the site. If you do could you please send me a copy or let me take one. I would reimburse postage and so on.
You may also want to watch:
7 Albermarle Road
Bury St Edmunds
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines